Boat & Watercraft Insurance
Boat & Watercraft Insurance
Jump In, the Water’s Fine
NHC Insurance Services can help make your time on the water relaxed and worry-free!
We will help find you the most comprehensive protection for you, your friends, family, your watercraft AND your boating equipment. You’ll enjoy being on the water even more when you aren’t worried about your safety, the safety of your passengers, or your investment.
Taking our boat out is much more fun knowing that NHC has our backs.
Great rates and awesome service by really nice people. Highly recommended!
Get to Know: Boat & Watercraft Insurance
NHC Insurance Services can help you determine the right amount of coverage to meet your specific needs. Just give us a call today at 310-221-0917 to get started. Here are some items you’ll need to consider when shopping for boat insurance in California.
- Navigational Area:– Know where you are covered in the water. This is a huge part of a watercraft policy. Some companies, such as Safeco Insurance, offer protection that covers you up to 75 miles from the U.S. coastline; into Canadian coastal or inland waters; and into the Pacific coastal waters of Mexico.
- Agreed Value Coverage: Watercrafts depreciate just like automobiles. Actual cash value policies can make it difficult to replace a boat that’s been stolen or destroyed. This means that if your boat is a total loss you will get the value you insured it for, minus any deductible. If you don’t have an Agreed Value policy then you are looking at getting Actual Cash Value for your watercraft in today’s market. Check your policy!
- Liability: Like car insurance, watercraft liability coverage provides coverage to other boaters and boat owners in the event you are at-fault for an accident on the water. This coverage will pay to repair or replace the property of someone else’s watercraft as well as medical care, lost wages and other costs incurred as a result of a boating accident for which you are at-fault.
- Medical Payments: Medical payments coverage will pay for the cost of needed care that is the result of a boating accident. This coverage is available from $500 to $10,000 and sometimes more depending on the insurance company. This covers you, your passengers, and even your water skiers/tubers, regardless of who is at-fault.
- Physical Damage Coverage: Physical damage coverage pays for the cost to repair or replace your watercraft, its motor, any permanently attached equipment, and your trailer, if it is stolen or damaged. **This is where Agreed Value or Actual Cash Value at the time of loss is settled**
- Uninsured/Underinsured Watercraft Bodily Injury: Since boat coverage is not always mandatory, many boaters choose not to get insurance. If you are hit by an uninsured or underinsured boater, and you are injured, this type of coverage pays for medical treatment, lost wages, and other costs associated with the accident.
- Fuel Spill Liability and Wreckage Removal: Should your boat sink or be seriously damaged, there is a chance that it could leak oil or fuel into the water. As the boat’s owner you are required by law to have this cleaned up, which can be time consuming and expensive.
- Personal Effects: Your policy can provide coverage for many personal effects, including clothing, jewelry, cell phones, scuba/snorkeling and other sporting equipment, and fishing equipment. Limits vary by state – check with NHC Insurance Services for information. Personal effects coverage does not include jewelry, watches or furs.
- Unattached Equipment Coverage: This pays to repair or replace equipment that isn’t permanently attached to your boat or personal watercraft, but is designed for use primarily on a boat. This includes items like lifesaving equipment, water skis, anchors, oars, fire extinguishers, tarps etc.
- Emergency Assistance: The Emergency Assistance Package provides coverage for towing, labor and delivery of gas, oil or loaned battery if the watercraft is disabled while on the water.
Your situation is unique
Rather than trying to fit your insurance needs into a pre-configured package, we’ll get to know you and your specific coverage needs to make it easy for you to compare to your existing policies and see what coverages you might be missing. Give us a call or fill out the Request a Quote form on this page to get started.
I am a physician in the South Bay and have utilized NHC Insurance for the last nine years. Julia Burdick has consistently been superb at meeting all my needs from simple questions, comparative shopping, and most importantly all claim issues.
When I had a flood due to a slab leak in my Redondo Beach home she single-handedly arranged everything from repairs to lodging. She is the best with superior knowledge of her business and excellent communication skills.
Wow, such a great business. I have all of our 3 cars insured with them. Our agent, Julia, is always so helpful, quick to reply, and is always thinking of ways to save money for us on our policy. I honestly cannot think of any reason to ever switch over to another insurance carrier.
Even if I were to find slightly lower rates, I would still stick with NHC because of how well they treat me. They indeed know how to create customer loyalty.
By the way, I don’t think many other insurance companies out there can beat their rates. I won’t throw any numbers out there, but I was completely shocked (in a good way) when I found out how cheap it was to add my wife’s car and my second car onto the policy. I would 100% recommend this place to my friends and family.
Get Started Today
Ready to talk? We’re here when you need us
Sign up for our Newsletter
If you’d like to receive periodic entertaining and informative updates from NHC, please enter your email address below. Each month we’ll share tips on how to lower your premiums, showcase new blog topics and keep you up to date on the latest products and service options. Your information is encrypted and stored securely. We promise to never share or sell your information.