It takes more than age to make it a classic. A collector car isn’t just a way to get around. It’s an investment that will continue to appreciate for years to come.
Not all classic or antique cars are used the same, so NHC Insurance Services will work with you to select the appropriate policy to accommodate coverage needs, miles driven, vehicle age, and vehicle modifications to make sure you have the best policy to meet your needs.
Here are some features you should look for when shopping for classic car insurance:
- Agreed Value: This means the provider will pay you the full (agreed to) amount in the event of a covered total loss, less any applicable deductible. This type of coverage is much better than “actual cash value” or “stated value” that you may get with some companies.
- Low Rates: Why pay full-time insurance when you driver your collector car only part-time.
- Coverage Options: Not all collector cars are the same, so NHC Insurance Services can work with you to determine the right amount of coverage to meet your specific needs.
- Generous Mileage: You’re proud of your collector car, so drive it. Not all insurance companies have a mileage limit, but most collector cars should be driven less than 5,000 annual miles to maintain their value.
- Roadside Assistance: Whether your down the street or on a classic rally through the mountains, you’ll want to find coverage that will flatbed your car to the closest qualified repair facility.
Most Personal Auto Insurance policies as well as most Collector Car Insurance policies prohibit racing and sometimes even being towed to a racing event that may or may not be a timed event! This exclusion is often there so be sure to read your policies exclusions to ensure you are insured for the events you may be attending that year to ensure proper coverage.