Home Sweet Home
Your home is the center of your daily life, and likely your most valuable asset. That’s why if it were damaged or destroyed by a covered event you need your claim settled by an insurance company you can rely on when times get tough. Everything — service, price, and coverage — matters when it comes to choosing the right policy for you.
As an Independent Insurance Agency in San Pedro, NHC Insurance Services can help you find the most valuable combination of tailored coverage, quality service and fair pricing for Homeowners Insurance in California. The right home insurance policy should provide you with peace of mind as well as the money you need to repair or replace your home and/or replace your belongings.
When it comes to insurance for myself and family I go with only one thing – peace of mind that’s what I call NHC Insurance. I have our home, autos and personal property all with NHC. The professional service and response that I get every time I talk to Julia Burdick is number one. I know that when I hang up the phone it’s taken care of – peace of mind.
Why you need homeowner insurance
In general, Homeowners Insurance is what will help protect you financially if you suffer a loss to your home due to Fire, Theft, Vandalism, or other covered event. What’s more, it will cover you if someone is injured on your property and wins a legal judgment against you.
It’s important to remember that not all homeowners policies are the same. They differ based on which losses are covered, which coverages you choose, and what type of home you own. We can help you choose which policy is best for you, whether it’s a comprehensive policy that covers losses such as fire, hail, smoke, falling objects, vandalism and theft of personal property, or whether it’s a policy that covers only specified losses.
How much does Homeowner Insurance cost?
The amount you pay for a Homeowners Insurance policy in California will depend on several factors, including:
- Your coverages. Oftentimes Homeowners Insurance options are priced individually, so how much you’ll pay for your policy depends on what coverages you buy.
- Your deductible. Higher deductibles usually lower your premium price by shifting part of the loss payment to you. For example, if you had a $500 deductible, you would be responsible for paying the first $500 of the covered loss.
- Your limits. You may choose to set higher limits than the recommended amount if appropriate to your situation and needs.
If you are worried you aren’t completely covered, you may want to consider an umbrella insurance policy that extends your coverage.
What does homeowners insurance cover?
You will need to look at every Home Insurance policy individually to know exactly what it covers. But, in general, most Homeowners Insurance policies in California provide protection for:
- Your Home: Property or Dwelling Coverage typically pays to repair or rebuild your home if it’s damaged or destroyed by an insured event like a kitchen fire or windstorm.
- You and Other People: Personal Liability Coverage applies if someone is injured or their property is damaged and you are to blame. The coverage generally applies anywhere in the world.
- Medical Expenses: This covers medical expenses for guests if they are injured on your property, and in certain cases covers people who are injured off of your property. It does not cover health care costs for you or other members of your household.
- Additional Living Expenses: If you can’t live in your home because of a covered loss, your home insurance policy will pay additional living expenses-commonly for up to 24 months-while damage is assessed and your home is repaired or rebuilt.
- Your Belongings: Your home is filled with furniture, clothes, electronics and other items that mean a lot to you. Personal Property Insurance helps replace these items if they are lost, stolen or destroyed as a result of a covered loss. Make an inventory of your home and personal belongings. If possible, make a list as well as take photos or video – using two inventory methods can help expedite the claim resolution process. Keep this list somewhere other than your home. Keep in mind that your policy doesn’t cover damages caused by poor or deferred maintenance on your part.
Your situation is unique
Rather than trying to fit your insurance needs into a pre-configured package, we’ll get to know you and your specific coverage needs to make it easy for you to compare to your existing policies and see what coverages you might be missing. Give us a call or fill out the Request a Quote form on this page to get started.
A long time friend did me a huge favor, he gave me Renee’s phone number, and said, you will never change your auto insurance agent!
After 3 years, I have no worries, I have all the help I ever could need, it only takes a phone call while I am on the road, and my insurance needs are taken care of. No more worries! Now, I recommend my friends and family to Renee!
I am a physician in the South Bay and have utilized NHC Insurance for the last nine years. Julia Burdick has consistently been superb at meeting all my needs from simple questions, comparative shopping, and most importantly all claim issues. When I had a flood due to a slab leak in my Redondo Beach home she single-handedly arranged everything from repairs to lodging. She is the best with superior knowledge of her business and excellent communication skills.
You will not find a more knowledgeable personal lines broker than Julia. She has been our agent for over a year and I would recommend her to anyone. If she is not able to find an insurance plans that best suits you with the carriers she works with, she will help you find an agent that can. Julia knows the auto, home, and renters insurance inside and out. I tell everyone I know about her and the fabulous personal service she has provided us.
Get Started Today
Ready to talk? We’re here when you need us
Sign up for our Newsletter
If you’d like to receive periodic entertaining and informative updates from NHC, please enter your email address below. Each month we’ll share tips on how to lower your premiums, showcase new blog topics and keep you up to date on the latest products and service options. Your information is encrypted and stored securely. We promise to never share or sell your information.